Saturday, January 2, 2010

Amway Global - Winter Conference?

Around this time of the year, you may be invited to a function called "Winter Conference", which used to be called "Dream Night". It was a sit down dinner and the diamonds would put on a slide show and speak about their lifestyles. The slide show had pictures of mansions, jet skis, sports cars, golfing, shopping and other trappings of wealth. The diamonds would proclaim that they need more friends to join them.

When I was an IBO, this function used to cost about $60 or so. I believe it is now about $75. I checked with the Sheraton hotel where our function was held and discovered that even today, you can still hold a sit down dinner for several thousand people for less than $30 per person. The function I attended had about 2500 people so you get the idea.

Anyway, this function is a facade. The diamonds will show you all the fancy things they supposedly enjoy. It is implied that these luxuries are directly attributable to the Amway business, but it is more likely that the tapes/cds and seminar business was more likely the source of their success. It is well known that tools account for the lion's share of a diamond's income in many cases. Back in my days, diamonds told the audience that nobody made a profit fromt tools. To this day, I don't know of any formal agreement that IBOs have, which entitles them to a share of the tools profits. I have heard of a discount on cds, but tools encompass many other sources such as voicemail, functions, and books.

But to sum up, Winter conference (IMO) is just a dog and pony show where diamonds try to impress downlline by showing off wealth. Unfortunately, too many IBOs don't know that the diamond wealth is coming out of their pockets by the purchase of cds, books, standing orders, functions, and voicemail. I hope this article reaches the eyes of new IBOs and prospects so they can decide for themselves.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're an idiot, plain and simple. Ironically, my anti-virus flagged your site as

This Web site is suspicious. Leave now unless you know this site is safe. Read more. Get immunity from malicious sites! Click here.

Ironic, isn't it? You and your blog are one and the same.

Joecool said...

Yes, my blog is malicious. Good one. I'm shaking in my boots. LOL

Megan Riley said...

I plan to attend the Winter Conference. It cost 90 dollars. Plus whatever hotel room fee I split with the people I am attending it with.

I do think the price is more than necessary, but I am going anyway to see what it is like.

As far as the slides... I have a hard time taking things like that seriously because it is just like watching a commercial. You can make anything and make it look better then it is.

Though, since it is my first conference I have no idea if it is beneficial or not. Hopefully it is because it isn't free :)

Joecool said...

Good luck Megan. It probably costs your upline $30 to host your winter conference so they migt make $50 or $6o. Hopefully they actually teach you something substantial. I wish you well. Can I ask what group you are with? I was in WWDB.

Anonymous said...

I'm a new IBO and just attended Dream Night recently. My upline said that I "HAD to go" to Dream Night, even though I couldn't afford it (I had to take money out of my credit card to pay for it). My ticket was about $70, plus I had to pay a babysitter to watch my children so I could go. It was an expensive night. I actually thought the food was kinda crappy, though it was presented to me from my upline as super-classy. The speakers were good, but nothing blew me away. I wouldn't say it was a complete waste of time, but I do feel like it was a complete waste of money.

Anonymous said...

You're so dumb than a brainless dog. Who are you blaming at Amway Global or your team?

Anonymous said...

"You're so dumb than a brainless dog." You would be bettr off if you spent your money on some real education, because at least the teachers would teach you correct grammar. See, Scamway does not even teach you that elementary stuff. So you have become a truly brainless dog.

Anonymous said...

Btw my upline and the team he is part of has a dozen fresh college grads making fifty grand and more a year through amway. Just saying.

Joecool said...

Sounds like fresh BS to me. Are you making any money?

Anonymous said...

How long were you doing this amway thing?