The Problems I have with the Quixtar/Amway System
I was signed up with Quixtar for 8 months or so, and had a huge problem with everything they are and everything they stand for. In my opinion, and I’m sure many people disagree with me, Quixtar/Amway is one of the worst scams to hit North America… Ever!
1. They Sell Hope to People Who Need it The Most: The recruiters tell you how easy it is, how little time it takes, and how a 6-figure income is just around the corner. What they don’t tell you is how much it costs in the long run, how many tapes, books, etc… you’re going to have to buy, and how hard it is to recruit people.
2. 1 Hour a Week: Yeah right, they glamorize how little time you have to spend talking to people to get them to sign up. My recruiter talked drove 2 hours to get to me, 2 hours talking to me, 1 hour signing me up, and 2 hours driving home. Wow… 1 hour a week, and he’s experienced.
3. Highest Quality Products Available: In what world? These products aren’t any better than the products you buy in stores, I tested the laundry detergent on two brand new shirts and the Quixtar brand faded a lot quicker than Tide.
4. Lower than Costco Prices: In what century? The prices are unbelievably high. When I asked my recruiter why he told me that the prices are a little higher because they save us time and gas money. What?
5. Products not available anywhere else: Only if you don’t know where to look, all the supplements I signed up to receive at discount prices were available online for ¾ of the price Quixtar offered them.
6. Food Products Are Delicious: Nope, sorry, no way. These products were disgusting, worst protein shakes ever, the candy was stale, and the energy drinks tasted like battery acid.
7. They’ll Ship Right to Your Door, Even if you Live out of Town: Wrong again, I live 5 minutes out of town and I had to meet the delivery guy at the bus station. I wouldn’t be upset about this, but my Recruiter promised me that he would make sure the products were delivered to my door.
8. 6-Figure Income: The average salary of a Quixtar IBO is $115 a month. You spend at least $180 a month getting your 20 points, so most members are in the hole $65 every month.
9. Success: This is the main beef I have with Quixtar. The success of the people at the top is dependant on the failure of the people at the bottom. Top level Quixtar members can make up to $150,000 a month, but the majority of people are losing up to $200 a month. That’s what keeps the system in perfect balance.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this read, if you’re looking for more info on the Quixtar “Opportunity” google Dateline Quixtar.